- Period Of EmploymentFly-In/Fly-Out
Réf. : 27695
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Project Metallurgist is part of the Process Sector team and reports to the Superintendent, Operations and Metallurgy. The Project Metallurgist is responsible for the design, management and execution of metallurgical projects. The Project Metallurgist ensures that objectives related to production, metallurgical performance, operating costs, health and safety and environment are met, with the necessary circuit changes. The Project Metallurgist adheres to the company’s principles by adopting management practices oriented toward sustainable development and operational excellence and by upholding the organization’s code of conduct.
- Assist the Superintendent in management of metallurgical projects and studies at the mill and at the Industrial Water Treatment Plant.
- Produce economic and technical analyses to determine the feasibility of implementation.
- Recommend the best practices and technologies from the point of view of operations and metallurgy.
- Review circuit performance in relation to the production plan and identify the variances, in order to prepare the future project pipeline.
- Participate in the update of the annual maintenance schedule for critical production equipment.
- Classify and prioritize projects.
- Produce risk assessments and ensure follow-up of the mitigation plans.
- Coordinate and work with the various Surface, Mining and Technical Service Department.
- Assist the various stakeholders in collecting information and integrating geometallurgy into the treatment process.
- Follow up Full Potential projects to improve safety, productivity or costs.
- Work with the Project Engineer to ensure execution and implementation of projects according to the schedule.
- Replace the Supervisor, Metallurgy during vacations.
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
- Bachelor of process engineering, chemical engineering, materials and metallurgical engineering or mining engineering, ore treatment option
- Minimum five years’ experience in the mining field
- IT knowledge, including knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in mining and/or metallurgical plants
- Experience starting a mill (an asset)
- Experience in developing and executing plant projects
- Bilingual (English, French).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Sense of responsibility, detail and leadership
- Dynamic and independent worker
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Sense of organization and prioritization in a multi-tasking environment
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Partnerships and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Schedule: 8 days of work followed by 6 days of rest
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than March 15, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Conformément aux valeurs de sécurité et de responsabilité de Newmont, nous pensons que la vaccination contre le COVID-19 est un outil essentiel pour lutter contre cette pandémie et protéger la santé et la sécurité de la main-d’oeuvre de Newmont et des communautés dans lesquelles nous travaillons et vivons. Par conséquent, si vous recevez une offre d’emploi pour ce poste, il vous sera demandé de fournir une déclaration confirmant que vous êtes entièrement vacciné contre le COVID-19 avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, et il pourra également vous être demandé de fournir une preuve de vaccination avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, ou à une date ultérieure à la demande de Newmont. Newmont examinera les demandes individuelles d’exemption/accommodement raisonnable des candidats qui ne peuvent pas être entièrement vaccinés pour des raisons médicales ou pour d’autres motifs protégés par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l’homme.