LOCATION OF WORK
Administrative Centre – Mistissini
NATURE OF WORK
- Under the responsibility of the Director of Material Resources Services, the project manager is responsible for providing management services for all the projects and the construction works that the Cree School Board would identify.
- Participates in feasibility studies for future projects.
- Participates in and supervises the work of different consultants during the preparation of drawings and specifications through all phases of each project.
- Prepares all the documents necessary for the call for tenders. Prepares regular detailed reports on the evolution of each construction project.
- Supervises construction work on different sites through all the phases of the projects, including acquisition of all materials.
- Acts as a consultant to schools or other departments in files related to the construction, conversion and maintenance of buildings and housing units belonging to the Cree School Board.
- University graduate degree in engineering or architecture with over 5 years of pertinent experience OR a College (Cégep) degree in a related technical field (engineering, architecture, building mechanics, etc.) and over 10 years of pertinent experience is normally required;
- Being a member in good standing of a professional construction order or an order related to the type of work required is an asset
- Must speak and write English fluently; Knowledge and ability to work in French and Cree are definite assets;
- Knowledge of the northern conditions and of the lifestyle and culture of the James Bay Cree.
- MS Projects, AutoCad, Office and MEES procedures knowledge are normally required.
- Hold a valid driver’s permit is required
- Be available and willing to travel on a regular basis
- NOTE: The Board reserves the right to consider any combination of exceptional work experience and schooling that may compensate in the absence of one or more of the employment requirements mentioned above.
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week
- Salary: $84,166.00 – $112,219.00
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
- Extensive traveling involved to different communities.
- *Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3940 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact email@example.com
DATE OF POSTING August 3, 2021
END OF POSTING August 16, 2021 5:00 PM