- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level College
Department: Apatisiiwin Skills Development
Salary Grade 4: (Min. $45,431.00 – Max. $60,650.00)
The Program Officer is responsible for implementing, administering and monitoring the various ASD programs, and provides assistance and information to recipients, in all aspects of the ASD Policy. The incumbent is also responsible for promoting the programs in Eeyou Istchee territory.
- Assist potential recipients with project proposal submissions, guidelines and procedures by providing them with advice and information on processing and deadlines.
- Receive and analyze proposals submitted under the program to ensure their eligibility with the ASD Policy.
- Recommend projects to the technical group and the Apatisiiwin Skills Development and Advisory Committee (ASDAC).
- Prepare contract funding agreement to be signed with recipients.
- Monitor projects and ensure compliance with ASD Policy.
- Obtain progress reports and claims from recipients.
- In collaboration with the Financial Program Technician, verify payment requests received from recipients and authorize disbursement of funds in accordance with contract agreement.
- Input and maintain data in the Cree Nation Government Information System.
- Communicate with recipients to update them on their file.
- Present projects to the Technical Group and ASDAC meetings.
- Train, as needed, new or less experienced Program Officers.
- Collaborate with local and regional partners to improve the employability.
- Provide information on the Cree Labour Market to the local and regional employers.
- Participate in career fairs, local general assemblies and any relevant events to promote and facilitate the understanding of ASD programs and services.
- Produce quarterly activity reports on program outcomes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From June 18, 2020 to July 2, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ASD-200602-1