- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Position: PRODUCTION SUPPORT MINER
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Posting date: June 28, 2021
Deadline to apply: July 19, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Production Support Miner. Working on the Renard Site under the supervision of the Underground Foreman, the Production Support Miner will be responsible for the following activities:
- Check and properly maintain the truck and the loading equipment and accessories;
- Safely move and position the truck and the loading equipment and accessories;
- Read and understand the blasting and loading plans;
- Ensure the activity-related tasks are performed efficiently and safely;
- Work closely with the supervisors, technical department, operators and teammates;
- Secure the work area;
- Actively participate in the planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents;
- Observe the work-related laws, rules and procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational diploma in Ore Extraction;
- Completed modular training (FMTM 1 to 5, 7);
- Valid driver’s licence (Class 5 minimum);
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 years in at least two of the following positions: Long hole drilling, Long hole blasting, Block holer, Scoop, Production truck AD60
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Excellent physical capacities;
- Self-reliant and resourceful;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and task performance skills;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and/or French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.