Réf. : 16522
The Production Metallurgist is part of the process team. He/She is responsible for process optimization and metallurgical accounting. He/She ensures that objectives in production, metallurgical yield, occupational health and security and environmental operational costs are reached.
- Provide technical support in metallurgy for operations: crushing, grinding, gravimetry, flotation, filtration, cyanide process / CIP / elution, cyanide destruction and paste backfill
- Participate in coordinating refinery activities
- Coordinate and plan lab tests to optimize metallurgical performance
- In charge of metallurgical assessments and monitoring performance indicators
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Ensure the technological development of the concentrator, in collaboration with operations, electrical, instrumentation and mechanical groups
- Participate in and develop the metallurgical budget
- Maintain information records on monitoring operations and projects in development
- All other related tasks
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials and Metallurgical Engineering or in Mining Engineering, major in Ore Processing or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of auriferous operations is an asset
- Experience starting up a concentrator is an asset
- Bilinguism (an asset)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create partnerships and work in teams in an multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-Production-MetallurgistM%C3%A9tallurgiste-de-production-QC/772713700/ no later than August 19th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.