Position: Production Geologist
Sub-department: Technical Services
Schedule: 14 working days followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Home Ports: Québec, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Val d’Or Airports
Posting date: March 15, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Production Geologist for the Renard underground mine. Reporting to the Chief Geologist, the Production Geologist will be involved in all stages of mine production at the underground and surface mines. The Production Geologist will also maintain all development and production drift tracking databases. He/she may also participate in the daily follow-up of exploration work.
- Carry out the follow-up of the drifts and underground production;
- Produce the daily report of underground activities;
- Perform follow-up and quality control during ore processing;
- Calculate the tonnage and ore grade of the workings.
- Participate in the geological reconciliation of the Model block (plant geology);
- Carry out geological mapping of the development faces;
- Ensure the quality control of the collected data set;
- Collaborate with the mining operations department to better control external dilution;
- Carry out ancillary tasks in exploration;
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in terms of health and safety;
Desired skills :
- University degree in applied geology or geological engineering;
- Member in good standing of one of the two professional orders of Quebec (OGQ or OIQ);
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in geology in the underground mining sector;
- Strong computer skills, including Gemcom, Surpac, AutoCad, Promine and MS Office software;
- Possess the Mining Worker Modular Training (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7) and a General Explosives Permit;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent ability to plan, organize and execute;
- Versatility and flexibility in tasks;
- Demonstrate autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Exemplary attitude at all times in health and safety;
- Good written and oral communication skills in French and knowledge of English is an asset.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview