Position: Production Geologist
Sub-department: Technical services
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 day soff
Location: Renard Mine
Stornoway is recruiting a Production Geologist for the Renard underground mine. Reporting to the Chief Geologist, the Production Geologist will be involved in all stages of mine production at the underground and surface mines. The Production Geologist will also maintain all development and production drift tracking databases. He/she may also participate in the daily follow-up of exploration work.
- Carry out the follow-up of the drifts and underground production;
- Produce the daily report of underground activities;
- Perform follow-up and quality control during ore processing;
- Calculate the tonnage and ore grade of the workings.
- Participate in the geological reconciliation of the Model block (plant geology);
- Carry out geological mapping of the development faces;
- Ensure the quality control of the collected data set;
- Collaborate with the mining operations department to better control external dilution;
- Carry out ancillary tasks in exploration;
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in terms of health and safety;
Desired skills :
- University degree in applied geology or geological engineering;
- Member in good standing of one of the two professional orders of Quebec (OGQ or OIQ);
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in geology in the underground mining sector;
- Computer skills: Surpac, AutoCad, Promine and MS Office software;
- Possess the Mining Worker Modular Training (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7) and a General Explosives Permit;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent ability to plan, organize and execute;
- Versatility and flexibility in tasks;
- Demonstrate autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Exemplary attitude at all times in health and safety;
- Good written and oral communication skills in French and knowledge of English is an asset.
Who We Are
At Stornoway, our 530 employees are what define our company. We hire talented people who work as a team with passion, respect and integrity to work towards the prosperity of all. Together, we operate the first diamond mine in Quebec, the Renard Mine.
True to our values, we create opportunities for our employees to fulfill their career aspirations. We encourage and support teamwork as an integral part of our success. We work with integrity and honesty. We cultivate an environment of respect and inclusion and communicate openly at all levels of the organization. Finally, we look for talented, dedicated and committed people who work with passion. We recognize achievement, hard work and effort.
What we offer
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a contribution to the retirement savings plan and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a safe work environment combined with several benefits:
– Easy access to the mine site via 4 home ports
– Private accommodation (Bedroom and bathroom)
– Large selection of meals
– Free wifi service at the camp
– Laundry facilities with soap provided
– Health & wellness program
– Weight room and arena
– Hiking trail – snowshoeing
– Leisure activities (painting, cooking, photography, movie nights, etc.)
– Reimbursement of protective eyewear with prescription
– Internal training program
– Reimbursement of tuition fees
– Reimbursement of membership fees to professional associations
– Relocation program (Chapais and Chibougamau) with financial support from Stornoway
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview