- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
The production engineer is part of the mine-engineering team. He/she is responsible for managing all mining activities within the time frame of 0-3 months, in close collaboration with the different stakeholders of the site. He/she is responsible for optimizing and prioritizing all site developments and designs to ensure that production objectives are met and that the profitability of the designs is maximized. He/she supports the execution of the plan and ensures that all engineering work is carried out safely, in compliance with all mining regulations, economically and in line with the long-term plan.
- Conduct detailed engineering designs that include development plans and stopebooks
- Approve all mining plans required to support mining activities
- Produce the monthly production plan, engaging multiple stakeholders and report compliance to monthly plan
- Maintain a 3-month production plan in the Deswik schedule including update designs, priorities, resources and productivities
- Support weekly mine planning and operational execution
- Conduct short-term scenario assessments, including financial evaluations and identifying operational risks
- Work in collaboration with medium-term planning, the execution team, other members of the technical service department, operations, mill and maintenance people
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in the area of health and safety
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid General Explosives Permit
- Strong computer skills:
- Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- CAD and scheduling software. Proficiency in Deswik software would be considered an asset.
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Sense of organization
- Analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a remote location and in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 11, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.