Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The production engineer is part of the mine-engineering team. He/she is responsible for managing all mining activities within the time frame of 0-3 months, in close collaboration with the different stakeholders of the site. He/she is responsible for optimizing and prioritizing all site developments and designs to ensure that production objectives are met and that the profitability of the designs is maximized. He/she supports the execution of the plan and ensures that all engineering work is carried out safely, in compliance with all mining regulations, economically and in line with the long-term plan.
- Produce monthly and weekly production and development plans
- Support weekly planning and operational execution of the mine on a daily basis
- Monitor compliance of weekly and monthly plans
- Maintain the production plan in Deswik software, including updating designs, priorities, resources and productivity over a 3-month horizon
- Evaluate short-term scenarios, including financial and operational risks
- Design, review and approve all development plans and specifications
- Coordinate the activities of the technical services departments on a daily basis
- Work in close collaboration with the mining operations departments, medium-term planning and all other technical services departments
- Conduct quality control field visits of plans and specifications
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly in terms of health and safety.
- All tasks related to the performance of duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ relevant experience in an underground mine
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid general explosives permit
- Good computer skills :
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Deswik (CAD and Sched)
- Bilingualism an asset (English and French)
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to adapt
- Rigor and precision in work
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, Rouyn-Noranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than November 10, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..