- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Product Development Officer participates in the development of the regional tourism industry by carrying out studies, developing strategies, an action plans and implementing all potential means of fostering the development of tourism products in partnership with entrepreneurs, development corporations and other key players in the tourism sector.
- Actively collaborate in the creation of the action plan with regard to regional tourism development in Eeyou Istchee and coordinates the implementation of the strategic plan;
- Carries out all required studies to assess development potential and market potential of tourism products and services;
- Detects trends and evaluates tourism product development potential for the region;
- Organizes reconnaissance trips to test and develop potential packages in collaboration with communities, members;
- Provides product development support to tourism businesses in the region;
- Encourages the application of quality criteria and standards in the development of tourism products;
- Provides assistance and coordination to local and regional players to help them identify development strategies and implement tourism infrastructure projects, attractions, and events tied to flagship products;
- Develops and support implementation of tourism products designed to enhance the regional tourism offer for visitors;
- Identify and coordinate trainings to support entrepreneurs to maintain the standards or quality of the experience;
Education & Experience
University degree in Tourism Studies, Business Administration or Regional Development, with 3 years of experience
Diploma of Collegial studies in Tourism and 5 years of relevant experience.
All other combinations of training and relevant experiences may be considered.
- Fluent in English skills (spoken and written)/ Knowledge of Cree and/or French is an asset;
- Strong skills in business development and good knowledge of the outdoor and tourism sector;
- Strong Analytical and leadership skills
- Motivated and capable of working independently and in a team;
- Flexible and solution oriented
- Availability to travel within the region
*Flexibility about the workplace, benefits included, social committee, and more…
Send us your resume and cover letter by March 31, 2023, by e-mail only at email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.