Producer, Cree Unit (English Services)
Job Family: Media Production
Primary Location: Montreal
Position Language Requirement: English or French and Cree
Language Skill Level (Reading): B
Language Skill Level (Writing): B
Language Skill Level (Speaking): B
Status of Employment: Permanent
Work schedule(s): Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada ᒑᐦ ᒌ ᐋᐱᑎᓰᑦ ᓰᐲᓰ/ᐊᔨᒸᔮ-ᑳᓈᑖ
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
The Cree posting can be find below.
Are you interested in telling the stories of the Cree people, in our language? Do you want to work with a dedicated team of professionals who share your passion?
CBC North’s Cree unit is looking for a Montreal-based producer for Maamuitaau, a weekly documentary series broadcast in East Cree with English subtitles. The program brings a broad range of Cree stories to life, including interviews and in-depth coverage of our culture, governance, land and traditions.
We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about Cree-language broadcasting. As TV Producer, you will be responsible for the planning, organization, direction and production of Maamuitaau. You will be a creative and experienced storyteller with a solid grasp of Indigenous issues and strong leadership potential.
As required, you will also perform the following tasks:
- Propose, select, develop and assign story ideas on a wide variety of topics and formats.
- Plan and conduct reporting trips and video shoots in Eeyou Istchee and other locations.
- Oversee the research, reporting, scriptwriting, editing and subtitling of stories.
- Determine the order and importance of various elements of a program.
- Complete linking scripts, promotional segments and other content to support the program.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of contributors to the program.
- Edit and mix or direct the editing and mixing of video elements in keeping with existing practices.
- Perform other production and administrative tasks including music selection and logging, image research, and archiving, to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Vet all material before broadcast.
- Participate in the team’s editorial and community outreach initiatives.
ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᑭᓂᐙᐱᐦᑎᒄᐦ ᐋᐦ ᑎᑳᔥᑖᐱᔨᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᑎᐹᒋᒧᐎᓂᔨᐤ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒑ ᐎᔮᔨᐦᑎᒥᐦᐄᑯᑦ᙮
ᒋᒥᔻᔨᐦᑖᓐ ᐋ ᐋᐦ ᐐᐦᑎᒧᑦ ᐄᔨᔨᐅᒡ ᐅᑎᐹᒋᒧᐎᓂᐙᐤᐦ, ᐋᐦ ᐄᔨᔨᐅᔨᒥᔨᓐ? ᒋᐐᐦ ᐐᒑᐱᑎᓰᒫᐎᒑ ᐊᐙᓂᒌ ᓈᔥᒡ ᐋᐦ ᒨᒋᒋᐦᐄᑯᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᑯᐃᔅᒄ ᐋᐦ ᐐᐦ ᐃᐦᑐᑎᐦᒡ ᐅᑖᐱᑎᓰᐎᓂᐙᐤ ᒸᐦᒡ ᐊᓂᔮ ᒌᔨ ᐋᐦ ᐄᐦᑎᐎᑦ?
ᓰᐲᓰ ᒌᐙᑎᓅᑖᒡᐦ ᓈᓂᑎᐙᔨᒫᐤ ᐊᐙᔨᐤᐦ ᑏᐹᒋᒨᐐᓐᐦ ᐋᐆᔥᑖᑭᓂᐐᒡ ᐋᐦ ᑎᑳᔥᑖᐱᔨᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᒫᒨᐐᑖᐤ, ᐋᔑᑰᒥᑑᔥᑖᐤᐦ ᐋᐦ ᐋᐦᓄᑭᒡ ᐅᑖᐦ ᐙᐱᓅᑖᐦᒡ ᐄᔨᔨᒧᐎᓐᐦ ᐊᑙᒫᐲᓯᒻ ᓃᐦᑖᐦᒡ ᐋᐦ ᐙᒥᔥᑎᑯᔒᐅᔥᑖᒡ ᐋᐦ ᒌᐦ ᐄᑣᔥᑎᒧᐙᑎᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ᙮ ᐋᑯᑎᐦ ᓅᑯᐦᒡᐦ ᓂᓈᐦᑭᐤ ᐋᐦ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᐦᒡᐦ ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᑎᐹᒋᒧᐎᓐᐦ, ᐋᐦ ᐋᔨᒥᐦᐋᑭᓂᐅᐎᒡ ᐊᐙᓂᒌ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᐦ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᐋᔑᓈᑯᐦᒡ ᐄᔨᔨᐅᐃᔨᐦᑎᐎᓐ, ᑎᐹᔨᐦᒋᒑᐎᓐ, ᐊᔅᒌ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒨᔥ ᑳ ᐄᔑ ᐹᒋ ᐱᑎᓰᒡ ᐄᔨᔨᐅᒡ ᐋᔥᒄ ᐋᐦ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᒡ᙮
ᐋᐅᒄ ᓂᔮᓂᑎᐙᐱᒥᒋᐦᒡ ᐊᐙᓐ ᐋᐦ ᒋᔅᒑᔨᐦᑎᐦᒃ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᐦ ᒋᓯᒑᔨᐦᑎᒥᐦᐄᑯᑦ ᐋᐦ ᐹᐦᑖᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᐦ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᐄᔨᔨᐅᔨᒧᐎᓂᔨᐤ ᐋᐦ ᐋᐱᑎᓂᔨᒡ᙮ ᓅᑯᓯᔨᓈ ᐋᐦ ᑎᑳᔥᑖᑎᐦᒡ ᐋᑯᑕᐦ ᒑ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᐦᒡ ᒋᑖᐱᑎᓰᐎᓐ, ᐋᐦ ᐎᔮᔨᐦᑎᒥᐦᐄᑯᔨᓐ, ᒑ ᐎᔨᐱᔨᐦᑖᔨᓐᒻ, ᒑ ᐐᔓᐙᔨᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒑ ᐐᒋᐦᐄᐙᔨᓐ ᐋᐦ ᐅᔑᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᒫᒨᐐᑖᐤ᙮ ᒋᑭ ᐐᐦ ᑭᔅᒋᐦᐅᓐ ᐋᐦ ᒨᒋᓈᑯᐦᑖᔨᓐ ᐋᐦ ᑎᐹᒋᒧᔨᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᐦ ᒋᔅᒑᔨᐦᑎᒥᓐ ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᐱᒫᑎᓰᐎᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᑯᐃᔅᒄ ᐋᐦ ᓃᑳᓂᔥᑳᒑᔨᓐ᙮
ᓂᑎᐙᔨᐦᑖᑯᐦᒑ, ᐋᐅᒄ ᐆ ᒦᓐ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐄᑖᐱᑎᓯᔨᓐ:
- ᒑ ᐐᐦᑎᒥᓐ, ᒑ ᐎᔮᔨᐦᑎᒥᓐ, ᒑ ᐅᔑᐦᑖᔨᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒑ ᐅᑎᓂᒥᓐ ᐊᓂᐦᐄ ᑎᐹᒋᒧᐎᓐᐦ ᓂᓈᐦᑭᐤ ᒑᒀᓐ ᐋᐦ ᐋᔨᒧᑖᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᐦ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᐦᒡ᙮
- ᒑ ᐎᔮᔨᐦᑎᒥᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒑ ᐃᐦᑐᑎᒥᓐ ᐋᐦ ᒫᐅᐦᑐᓂᒥᓐ ᑎᐹᒋᒧᐎᓐᐦ ᐋᐦ ᐱᐹᒥᐱᔨᔨᓐ ᐅᑖᐦ ᐄᔨᔨᐅᔅᒌᐦᒡ ᒑ ᒥᓯᓈᐱᔅᑭᐦᐄᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐊᓂᑖᐦ ᐄᔨᐦᒡ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐄᔅᐱᔨᔨᓐ᙮
- ᒑ ᓈᓈᑭᒋᔥᑖᔨᓐ ᐋᐦ ᓈᓂᑑᒋᔅᒑᔨᐦᑖᑯᐦᒡ, ᐋᐦ ᑎᐹᑎᑖᒡ, ᐋᐦ ᒥᓯᓂᐦᐄᑭᓂᐎᒡ, ᐋᐦ ᑯᐃᔅᑯᓯᓂᐦᐄᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᐦ ᒥᓯᓂᐦᐄᑭᓂᐦᐄᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᐋᐦ ᐄᑣᔥᑎᒧᐙᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡᐦ ᑎᐹᒋᒧᐎᓐᐦ᙮
- ᒑ ᐎᔮᔨᐦᑎᒥᓐ ᒑ ᐄᑎᔥᑳᑐᒡᐦ ᑎᐹᒋᒧᐎᓐᐦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐊᓐ ᒑ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ᙮
- ᒑ ᐐᒑᑐᐦᑖᔨᓐ, ᐊᓐ ᒑ ᒌᐦᑳᔮᔨᐦᑖᑯᐦᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᓂᓈᐦᑭᐤ ᑯᑎᒡ ᒑᒀᓐ ᒑ ᐐᒋᐦᐄᐙᐱᔨᒡ ᐋᐦ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ᙮
- ᒑ ᓂᐦᐄᐱᔨᐦᑖᔨᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒑ ᓈᓈᑭᒋᔥᑖᔨᓐ ᔮᔨᑖ ᑯᐃᔅᒄ ᒑ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᐦᒡ ᐊᓐ ᒑ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ᙮
- ᒑ ᐎᔮᔥᑐᑎᒥᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒑ ᐋᐦᒋᔥᑖᔨᓐ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒫᒃ ᒑ ᐐᔓᐙᔨᓐ ᐊᓂᑖᐦ ᒑ ᐄᔑ ᐎᔮᔥᑐᑎᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᐊᓐ ᐙᐦ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᑯᐃᔅᒄ ᐋᐦ ᑭᓂᐙᐱᐦᑎᒥᓐ ᐊᓐ ᐋᑎ ᐃᔨᐦᑐᑎᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᐆ ᐋᐱᑎᓰᐎᓐ᙮
- ᑯᑎᒡ ᒑᒀᓐ ᐋᐦ ᐄᐦᑐᑎᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᐅᐦᒋ ᐋᐦ ᐅᔑᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᐊᓐ ᒑ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ, ᐊᓐ ᒑ ᐄᔑ ᐹᐦᑖᑯᐦᒡ, ᐊᓐ ᐙᒋᐦᒡ ᒑ ᓅᑯᐦᒡ, ᒑ ᐎᔮᔨᐦᑖᑯᐦᒡ, ᒥᓯᐙ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐄᔑ ᒥᔪᐱᔨᒡ ᐊᓐ ᐙᒋᐦᒡ ᒑᒀᓐ ᐙᐦ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᒡ ᐋᐦ ᑎᑳᔥᑖᑎᐦᒡ᙮
- ᑯᐃᔅᒄ ᒑ ᓈᓂᑑᒋᔅᒑᔨᐦᑎᒥᓐ ᔮᔨᑖ ᑯᐃᔅᒄ ᒑ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᐦᒡ ᐋᐦᒸᔮᐦ ᓅᑯᐦᒡ᙮
- ᒑ ᐐᒋᐦᐄᐙᔨᓐ ᐋᐦ ᐋᔨᒧᑖᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᐃᐦᑖᐎᓂᐦᒡ ᐋᐦ ᐐᐦ ᒋᔅᒑᔨᐦᑖᑯᐦᒡ ᒑᒀᓐ᙮
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent.
- 5 years’ professional experience of which 3 involve broadcasting or a closely related industry.
- Good knowledge of Quebec Cree issues and realities as well as regional and national current affairs.
- Very good knowledge of French and English.
- Knowledge of East Cree is a definite asset.
- Availability to travel to Cree communities, and availability for some evening and weekend work.
- Relevant experience in production or a related field.
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Knowledge of CBC/Radio-Canada’s Journalistic Standards and Practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with production technologies.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
ᐋᐅᒄ ᐆ ᐊᐙᓐ ᓂᔮᓂᑎᐙᔨᒥᒋᐦᒡ:
- ᔫᓂᕕᕐᓯᑏ ᐋᐦ ᒌᐦ ᒋᔅᑯᑎᒫᓱᑦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐐᓵᐙ ᐋᐦ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᓂᔨᒡ ᒋᔅᑯᑎᒫᒑᐎᓂᔨᐤ᙮
- ᓂᔮᔪᐱᐳᓐᐦ ᐋᐦ ᒌᐦ ᐄᑖᐱᑎᓰᑦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᓂᔥᑐᐱᐳᓐᐦ ᐋᐦ ᒌᐦ ᐐᒋᐦᐄᐙᑦ ᐋᐦ ᑎᑳᔥᑖᐱᔨᐦᑖᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᓂᓈᐦᑭᐤ ᒑᒀᔨᐤ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒫᒃ ᐐᓵᐙ ᐋᐦ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᓂᔨᒡ ᐋᐱᑎᓰᐎᓂᔨᐤ᙮
- ᐋᐦ ᒥᔪᒋᔅᒑᔨᒫᑦ ᐅᑎᐦ ᑯᐯᒃ ᐋᔅᐱᔨᔨᒡᐦ ᐄᔨᔨᐤᐦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐊᓂᔮ ᐋᔑ ᓂᒋᔥᑭᒥᔨᒡᐦ ᐅᑎᐦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒥᓯᐦᑖ ᑳᐦᓈᑖᐦ᙮
- ᐋᐦ ᑭᔅᒋᐦᐅᑦ ᐱᔥᑎᒀᔮᐅᔨᒧᐎᓂᔨᐤ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐙᒥᔥᑎᑯᔒᐅᔨᒧᐎᓂᔨᐤ᙮
- ᐋᔪᐎᒄ ᓈᔥᒡ ᒑ ᐐᒋᐦᐄᑯᑦ ᐋᐦ ᑖᐲᐄᔨᔨᐅᔨᒥᑦ᙮
- ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐱᐹᒥᐱᔨᑦ ᐄᔨᔨᐤ ᐃᐦᑖᐎᓂᐦᒡ ᐋᑳ ᐎᔥᑎᐎᔨᑯᑦ ᒑᒀᔨᐤ, ᑭᔮᐦ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐅᑖᑯᔔᐋᐱᑎᓰᑦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᐦ ᐄᔥᒀᑎᐎᔥᑖᔨᒡ᙮
- ᔖᔥ ᐋᐦ ᒌᐦ ᐄᑖᐱᑎᓰᑦ ᐅᔮ ᐐᓵᐙ ᐋᐦ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᓂᔨᒡ ᐋᐦ ᐄᐦᑐᑎᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ᙮
- ᐋᐦ ᒥᒫᐦᑖᐙᔨᐦᑎᐦᒃ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᑳ ᔒᐦᒋᐐᔨᑯᑦ ᒥᒄ ᐊᓂᔮ ᐋᐦ ᐄᔑᓈᑯᓂᔨᒡ ᒑ ᐄᑖᐱᑎᓰᑯᐱᓈ᙮
- ᐋᐦ ᒋᔅᒑᔨᐦᑎᐦᒃ ᐋᑎ ᐃᔨᑖᐱᑎᓯᔨᒡᐦ ᓰᐲᓰ/ᕃᐃᑎᔨᐤ ᑳᐦᓈᑖᐦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐊᓂᔮ ᑳᓂᐙᐱᐦᑎᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐋᑎ ᐃᔨᐦᑎᓈᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ᙮
- ᑖᐱᔥᑯᓐ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐃᐦᑐᑎᐦᒃ ᒥᐦᒑᑐᔨᒡ ᒑᒀᔨᐤ᙮
- ᒑ ᒥᔪᒋᔅᒑᔨᐦᑎᐦᒃ ᐊᓂᔮ ᐋᑎ ᐃᔨᑖᐱᑎᓰᓈᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᐋᐦ ᐅᔑᐦᐋᑭᓂᐎᐎᔨᒡ ᒑᒀᔨᐤ ᒑ ᓅᑯᓃᔨᒡ᙮
- ᑯᐃᔅᒄ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐋᐱᑎᓰᑦ ᐋᑦ ᐎᔥᑎᐐᑯᑦ ᒑᒀᔨᐤ ᑭᔮᐦ ᐃᔮᓯᐦᒋᐎᔨᑯᑦ᙮
- ᒑ ᒥᔪᐐᒑᐱᑎᓰᒫᑦ ᐊᓂᔮᐦ ᑯᑎᒃᐦ ᐋᐱᑎᓰᓯᐤᐦ ᑭᔮᐦ ᒨᔥ ᐅᔮ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐃᐦᑐᑎᐦᒃ᙮
- ᒑ ᓅᑯᐦᑖᑦ ᐋᐦ ᒌᐦ ᐃᐦᑐᑎᐦᒃ ᒑ ᓃᑳᓂᔥᑳᒋᒑᑦ᙮
ᐱᔥᒡ ᐊᐙᓂᒌ ᒋᑭ ᑭᓂᐙᐱᒫᑭᓂᐅᐎᒡ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐅᑎᓈᑭᓂᐅᐎᒡ ᐅᐦᒋ ᐅᔮ ᐋᐱᑎᓰᐎᓂᔨᐤ ᐋᐦ ᐐᐦᑎᐦᒃ ᑖᑆᐦ ᒑ ᒌᐦ ᐃᐦᑐᑎᐦᒡ᙮
If this sounds interesting, please visit our site and click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Posting Date Sep 14, 2023, 4:49:00 PM
Unposting Date Oct 13, 2023, 11:59:00 PM