Department: Process plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports : Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert Airports
Stornoway is recruiting an Operator for the process plant. Under the supervision of the Operations supervisor, the Process Plant Operator will learn to operate the various plant equipment, such as the crusher and concentrator. The Operator helps keep the plant running smoothly to maximize production throughput.
- Ensure proper feed preparation for the plant circuits;
- Observe operation of equipment to ensure continuity of flow, safety and efficient operation and to detect malfunctions;
- Clean, adjust and maintain equipment using hand tools;
- Inspect apron feeder chains, conveyor belts, pumps, chutes and magnets or scrolls for signs of wear;
- Dislodge and clear jammed materials or other items from machinery and equipment, using hand tools;
- Coordinate with the Control Room Operator to controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment;
- Record data from operations, testing, and production on specified forms;
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing;
- Perform regular inspection of screen panel to determine wear and de-blinding and advice Control Room Operator for planning replacement;
- Monitor equipment, i.e. pumps, cyclones, screens, pump box and sump pump to detected excessive wear that will required immediate actions;
- Monitor any changes in the circuit to the feed, the floats, the sinks and the dilute circuit and coordinate with the control room operator;
- Ensure proper circuit start-up and shut-down to minimise downtime;
- Ensure proper housekeeping within the area using Bobcat, manual shovel and hoses;
- Perform basic mechanical inspection;
- Proactively work with the Control Room Operator to maintain proper circuit balance to ensure optimal process flow and water usage by adjusting feed rates;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational Diploma in Mineral and Metal Processing or any related program;
- Three years of experience in a plant. Experience in an ore processing plant would be considered an asset;
- Exemplary attitude towards health and safety at work at all times;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent ability to learn, organize and execute;
- Versatility and flexibility in tasks;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Interests and ability to work in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent communication skills in French and/or English.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.