Position: Process Plant General Foreman
Department: Process plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of leave
Location: Renard Mine
Home ports: Val d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the incumbent plans, directs, coordinates and controls his/her team. He/she ensures and maintains the performance and smooth operation of the Plant Execution Department in terms of production and maintenance execution. To do this, she performs production and safety follow-ups, plans the execution of work and coordinates projects and possible improvements. She ensures compliance with all standards, procedures and directives of the organization with particular attention to those in the area of health and safety.
- Collaborates with various departments to develop operational strategies;
- Coordinates and manages the staff under his/her responsibility;
- Ensures the proper organization of work, including the management of his teams and work schedules;
- Ensures compliance with the company’s standards, policies and directives as well as with government regulations and laws on health and safety and the environment;
- Collaborates with the plant maintenance department to coordinate planned maintenance and necessary improvements;
- Collaborates with the mining operations to ensure a constant supply to the processing plant;
- Ensures required service and collaboration with all departments at the Renard site;
- Analyzes results and proposes to his supervisory team any opportunity for improvement of the process, equipment and production facilities;
- Performs the necessary health and safety and environmental controls (oils, chemicals, etc.), and completes the required reports;
- Carries out production and safety follow-ups with a view to compliance and continuous improvement;
- Ensures the compliance of the records to be completed (inspection records, preventive maintenance program, work cards, etc.);
- Carries out inspection rounds of the installations and equipment and is proactive in detecting anomalies;
- Participate randomly in employee safety meetings and get involved as needed
- Performs any other task requested by his/her superior.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of processing plant operation, knowledge of diamond processing plant operation is an asset;
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of supervisory experience, particularly in a processing plant
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety and environmental regulations and of the tools used, particularly the work card;
- Ability to plan, organize and execute mandates;
- Good leadership and ability to work in a team,
- Computer skills (Office suite, Word, Excel);
- Ability to actively listen to the personnel under his/her supervision;
- Autonomous, resourceful and open to change;
- Availability according to the needs of the position;
- Ability and interest to work in a multicultural environment;
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.