Position: PROCESS FOREMAN
Department: Process plant
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports : Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or , St-Hubert and Quebec Airports
Posting date: February 18, 2021
Deadline to apply: March 4, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Process Supervisor. Reporting to the process plant’s General Foreman, the Process Supervisor will be responsible for supervising an operating team of 7 to 9 operators. The incumbent ensures that all health and safety procedures and rules are applied and are a priority in the performance of daily duties. The process foreman is responsible for assigning work and supervising production teams.
- Coordinate operators and equipment to meet tonne objectives in accordance with good ore processing practices;
- Coordinate with mining operations to supply the mill with ore;
- Plan the work in collaboration with the mechanical and electrical maintenance departments;
- Administer safety, mine and environmental regulations in accordance with Renard Mine policies and procedures;
- Keep a record of all aspects of production on his/her shift in the plant’s logbook;
- Ensure the general maintenance and good order of the process plant;
- Ensure adequate follow-up of the lockout of equipment and contribute to the maintenance of lockout records in Conform IT;
- Conduct health and safety meetings, inspections, audits and tours of the plant.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in the mining industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations, the environment and the tools used, in particular the work card;
- Familiarity with: feed deck, hydraulic hammer, crushers, magnets, grizzly bears, screens, slurry pumps, conveyors, sump pumps, thickener, flocculant system and various mineral processing equipment;
- Ability to plan, organize and execute mandates;
- Ability to work in a team with good leadership skills;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and openness to change;
- Ability to manage stress and work proactively to meet tight deadlines;
- Exemplary attitude at all times in terms of health, safety and the environment;
- Familiarity with WHMIS and safety data sheets;
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.