- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Position: Process engineer
Department: Process plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Posting date: February 11, 2021
Deadline to apply: March 4, 2021
Stornoway Diamonds is looking for a process engineer to be part of the team. Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, the Process Engineer is in charge of supervising the laboratory operators and providing metallurgical expertise to ensure efficient and optimal plant performance.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure that plant design criteria, screen openings, recirculation load, mill deviations and water balance are optimal;
- Ensure a safe working environment by ensuring that environmental, safety, engineering and mining law requirements are met;
- Contributes to the quality of the process by using elements that meet established metallurgical standards in routine and project work;
- Liaise with the geology, technical services and mining engineering departments;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the sampling program and laboratory procedures;
- Analyze, interpret and communicate laboratory results;
- Participate in the training of laboratory and plant operators;
- Review and analyze key production quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) statistical data;
- Investigate process improvements and perform project-specific tasks;
- Provide assistance to the Senior Process Engineer in the preparation of the annual budget;
- Ensure the maintenance and proper operation of the process plant laboratory;
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations in the workplace
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in materials, metallurgical or chemical engineering;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar job;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Experience in the diamond industry or mineral processing (an asset);
- Ability to work in a team as well as leadership skills;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to manage stress and work effectively and proactively to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute;
- Written and oral communication skills in English and French required;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with WHMIS and Material Safety Data Sheets;
- Versatility and flexibility in terms of tasks;
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural work environment;
- Exemplary attitude at all times towards health and safety;
- Valid driver’s license;
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.