PRIMARY CARE COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE (2588)
|STATUS:||5 – Occasional|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $24.21 – Max. (12) $32.32|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
|POSTING DATE:||07/11/2022 – 08/08/2022|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who, without having a diploma as a Community Worker or a Social Assistance Technician and within the limits of her/his skills and training, does work that is similar in nature and related to that of a Community Worker or a Social Assistance Technician.
The Primary care community representative works with other members of the healthcare team to support the delivery of clinical services. The person works for the Awash services that delivers general services to pregnant mothers, young children and their families. The tasks may include:
- Acts as a liaison to help people navigates the medical system and to help the non-indigenous healthcare workers to understand Cree culture and values in order to deliver culturally appropriate care;
- Reports on medical file after seeing the patients;
- Work in a multidisciplinary team and participate in inter-professional meetings with community workers, nurses, doctors, nutritionist, dental and psychoeducators, social worker and other community health services and staff;
- Provide emotional support to the clients;
- Participate in intervention plans;
- Promotes Health awareness in the community including disease prevention (outreach, pamphlets, workshops, radio);
- Carries out all other related tasks upon the request of her/his immediate supervisor.
- High School diploma
Knowledge and abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to translate the information from Cree to a second language (or the opposite) into an oral or written way;
- Motivation to work in a health field: education, promotion and prevention of illness to support the individual and community in a holistic manner, to learn more about a healthy lifestyle;
- Interested in families and human relations;
- Sensitivity in coping with behavior problems;
- Good critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision making skills;
- Emotional maturity;
- Autonomous, flexible, discreet and empathetic;
- Teamwork skill, dynamism, sense of accountability and resourcefulness;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent in Cree and English;
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.