Sub-department: Power plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Homeports : Québec, Val d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais and St-Hubert Airports
Stornoway is recruiting a Power Plant Mechanic-Operator. Based at the Renard site and reporting to the Power Plant Foreman, the Power Plant Mechanic-Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the natural gas power plant. He/she is part of a team that is responsible for the production of electrical energy, a fleet of generators running on natural gas and diesel, as well as the operation and maintenance of the liquefied natural gas storage and vaporization site.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environment rules in the workplace;
- Operate and maintain the equipment at the power plant and in the liquefied natural gas sector;
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repair work on generators and auxiliary equipment;
- Optimize energy consumption;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the preventive maintenance program;
- Respond to troubleshooting calls;
- Carry out diagnostics to determine the origin of a malfunction and complete repairs;
- Perform all other duties related to the position.
- Hold a diploma in mechanical engineering, marine mechanics, electromechanics or have relevant experience related to the function that could compensate for the absence of a diploma;
- Possess a minimum of four (4) years of job-related experience;
- Possess the MGNL and TIR-GNL of Emploi Québec certifications (an asset);
- Knowledge in operation, maintenance and management of Caterpillar 3516 and G3520C series generators or any other similar generators of other brands;
- Basic knowledge of electrical troubleshooting on diesel and natural gas generators;
- Knowledge of generator set control;
- First level knowledge of generator set mechanics;
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine causes;
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams;
- Knowledge of technical English and French;
- Ability to write technical reports;
- Experience in a thermal power generation plant (an asset);
- Knowledge and use of COGEP’s IT Guide software (an asset).
- Predominance of compliance with health and safety and environmental rules and directives;
- Willingness and interest in working in a multicultural environment and as part of a multicultural team;
- Analytical and judgemental skills;
- Versatility, flexibility, autonomy, initiative;
- High adaptability, open-mindedness and flexibility;
- Concern for providing good service to internal clients.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.