WE ARE HIRING A PLUMBING AND HEATING TEACHER
Please indicate the competition number # WASK-4322
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022 (3:00 PM)
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to teach the upcoming Plumbing and Heating in the Cree Nation of Waskaganish.
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to ad ministration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and /or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
- A certified plumb er or hold a degree or a diploma from an accredited colle e in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the industry.
- Minimum 5 years of current experience with demonstrated relevant project experience .
- Being a member of the Corporation des maîtres mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec (CMMTQ ) is a definite asset.
- Proficiency in English is required .
- Knowledge of French and Cree are assets.
- A Quebec teaching permit or brevet is a definite asset.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance : $10, 015 to $17,652
Retention Premium : $5,500 to $ 7,000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date : To be determined.
The Plumbing and Heating program (program code 5833) is a 1 680-hour vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
In the above text, the masculine form also includes feminine forms
To apply, please complete the Application Form here.
All documents must be submitted in PDF format.