Posting #: DEV-P-2122-0024
Position #: 5524
Planning, Programming & Research Officer (1565)
|DEPARTMENT:||Director Strategy and Organizational Development (500350)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Eeyou Istchee communities|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who is responsible for one or more programs with a view to providing professional assistance for the development of services. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and assessing needs and resources. She/he designs and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in various teaching or training activities.
- Under the direction of the Director Strategy and Organizational Development, the incumbent provides support to Director in a number of strategic files related to the development of the organization.
- The incumbent acts at a primarily regional level to develop and implement various strategic projects and programs in a context of organizational transformation.
- The incumbent ensures the management of the files and mandates under their responsibility, and coordinates all human, material, financial and informational resources related to these files.
- The incumbent acts as change agent and facilitator to mobilize, motivate and align individuals at all levels to achieve strategic organizational objectives.
- The incumbent acts as an advisor to the Director and other members of the department in, but not limited to, Cree history, culture, language and traditions, and supports them in the implementation of their strategic initiatives.
- This is done in a collaborative approach with various internal stakeholders and external partners, and with the goal of ensuring that the health and well-being of the people and different populations of the communities improves over time.
- University degree in administration, human sciences, social sciences, or any other pertinent disciplines;
- Master’s degree in a related field, an asset;
- Certification or experience in Change Management, an asset;
- Certification or experience in Facilitation, an asset;
- Certification or experience in Project Management, an asset;
- Certification or experience in Quality Improvement (ex: Lean), an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience relevant to the responsibilities of the job.
Knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative theory, systems, techniques and leading practices;
- Knowledge in program design theory, techniques and leading practices;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively collaborate with colleagues, team members, team leader and supervisor;
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships in various settings;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Excellent computer skills MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.);
- Experience with data analysis, preparation and presentation of data;
- Familiarity with enterprise administrative systems, is an asset;
- Knowledge of MSSS programs, regulations and partners related to the functions is an asset;
- Experience with First Nations or with cross-cultural work is an asset; and,
- Experience in a remote area, an asset.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
- Willing to travel to all 9 communities.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||06/23/2021 – 07/07/2021|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.