Job Posting Number: P-1920-0544A
About this job posting
Job Posting Number: P-1920-0544A
External Posting Number: A
Posting Start Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Posting End Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019
About this position
Work Location: Regional
Status: Permanent Full Time
MSSS Job Number: 1 565
Department: Youth Protection
MSSS Job Title: PPRO
Financial Sub-Service Number: 731305
Job Hours: 35.00
Hours Per Day: 7.00
Shift Type: Stable
Work Schedule: 10/14 Days
Person who is responsible for one or more programs with a view to providing professional assistance for the development of services. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and assessing needs and resources. She/he designs and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in various teaching or training activities.
The incumbent will ensure the proper configuration and implementation of the PIJ software. The incumbent will also oversee the proper functioning and upgrading of the PIJ platform (a computer software tracking data related to the clientele of the youth centers, e.g., the child and his parents).
She/he will act as an expert in this field and provides support to the Youth Protection team in solving problems pertaining to the software. She/he may be called upon to co-ordinate the work of a team of technicians that will ensure the proper usage of the PIJ software.
The incumbent will also:
- Ensure the proper management of information about YP clients, the service they receive, the engaged process and the status of support provided by the Youth Protection department;
- Support the Youth Protection management and community workers in the different communities by sharing, providing the information in PIJ when needed;
- Support the managers and community workers of the Youth Healing services and of the Foster Home resources by sharing and providing the information in PIJ and SIRTF when needed;
- Ensure the validity of the information on financial contribution for client’s placements.
- Bachelor of Science in economics, administrative or management science, social science or another appropriate academic discipline.
- A certificate in the field of information technology is a strong asset.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in her/his field of specialization.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge PIJ software, a strong asset;
- Knowledge of administrative theory, systems, techniques and practices;
- Knowledge of the MSSS Network and administrative regulations, computer’ software is an asset;
- Knowledge of First Nation social service models, trends and issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of Youth Protection, youth placement, group home and youth reception center;
- Strong ability in leadership, organization, project management and communication;
- Ability to work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers, more specifically with Youth Protection and Youth Healing Services staff and Foster Home Services;
- Capable of learning software applications with a minimum of instruction;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Fluent in English;
- Reading skills in French is mandatory;
- Speaking and writing skills in French and Cree are assets.
Willing to travel regularly.
The selection process will include the administration of tests (English, French and computer).
*Work Location: To be determined*
*Housing provided: Yes, depending on work location*
Salary (Hourly) Minimum: $25.25
Salary (Hourly) Maximum: $45.22
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.