- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health and Dependencies (011309)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi/Montreal
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who is responsible for one or more programs and provides professional assistance for the development of services. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and evaluating resources and needs. She/he conceives and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in teaching or training activities.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Maanuuhiikuu/Mental Health Services, the person will:
- Develop a resource map of mental health services available in each of the nine Cree communities;
- Identify and evaluate the current strengths and challenges of each community with regard to mental health and crisis intervention services;
- Using the Maanuuhiikuu Strategic Plan as a basis, evaluate the readiness and ability of each CMC to integrate identified mental health strategies and services at the community level;
- Work closely with identified CMC management teams to implement changes, and develop strategies to integrate mental health and crisis intervention services in their communities;
- Provide professional assistance, collaborate on research on best practice models related to each community’s needs and resources;
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as health sciences, social work, or health administration, or other relevant discipline such as applied human science.
- 3 years of relevant planning or programming experience with at least one year of specific experience in project management, and/or program implementation;
- A proven ability to work well at consensus building and collaborative strategic planning;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of MSSS legislation, regulations, the Ministry Network and programs, and current trends;
- Extensive knowledge of organizational strategic and tactical planning, program planning, and evaluation;
- Extensive knowledge of planning and research methods, statistical analysis, and information systems;
- Familiarity with Microsoft computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Strong record in a similar type of planning, programming, research or evaluation environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, planning and decision-making skills;
- Proven record of strong team work, ability to work autonomously and in a self-directed fashion;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
Posting start/end date: 2020-05-20/2020-06-03
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided: To be validated
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting # : P-1920-0942A
Position Number: 1088
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.