PLANNING, PROGRAMMING AND RESEARCH OFFICER (1565)
USCHINIICHISUU – Dependencies in the Schools
DEPARTMENT: Public Health – Uschiniichisuu (676577)
WORK LOCATION: Eeyou Istchee Communities
STATUS: 1-Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.25 – Max. (18) $45.22
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who is responsible for one or more programs with a view to providing professional assistance for the development of services specifically in terms of dependencies in the schools. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and assessing needs and resources. She/he designs and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in various teaching or training activities.
- Person will work in collaboration with the Cree School Board and other Cree entities that work in a school context locally and regionally.
- Planning of prevention and promotion activities and programs within the Uschiniichisuu Public Health team and in collaboration with all Public Health teams, other CHB Departments, Cree School Board, other Cree entities that work in a school context and under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Public Health Uschiniichisuu.
- She/he will collaborate with the Cree School Board and other Cree entities that work in a school context to identify needs and support their needs around dependencies in the schools.
- In collaboration with all PPRO Uschiniichisuu and other Public Health Departments PPROs and Nurse Counselors, she/he collaborates to all related health prevention/promotion programs/activities in partnership with Cree entities.
- She/he will collaborate to the coordination of regional teamwork and play a consultative role for her/his colleagues and interdisciplinary teams.
- The holder of this position will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to support and strengthen Youth and families and promote optimal health and development for all age groups.
- • Bachelor degree in Science, Social Science, Psychology or another appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience with the willingness to get training or education. Experience: • Three (3) years of appropriate experience working in indigenous communities; • Experience working with youth population is an asset;
- • Experience working with or in the schools is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cree culture, traditions, communities, language and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Ability to integrate Eenou/Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Knowledge of or ability to grasp the issues and context surrounding youth and family development in First Nation northern communities;
- Good knowledge of the continuum of services, multidisciplinary teams, community health promotion and prevention approaches;
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues;
- Good knowledge and strong background in Youth health, more specifically in holistic youth and family social and health development;
- Good knowledge of First Nations Youth health and social issues such as dependencies and mental health;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, adapting, developing and implementing new programs, and maintaining existing programs;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering training to staff, both group sessions and individual coaching;
- Ability to work in collaboration with all colleagues;
- Possess leadership skills in working with individuals and groups;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; • Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, planning and decision-making skills;
- Must be autonomous and flexible;
- Good working knowledge of computer applications, and Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Travel to 9 communities;
- All Public health department staff may be mobilized temporarily during a public health urgency;
- JBNQA beneficiary will have the opportunity to work from their community of origin.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2021-08-19 / 2021-09-02
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which
they are called upon to perform their duties.
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7/35
To apply send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject DEV-P-2021-0023B