- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
Posting # P-2223-0697B
Position # 5126
PLANNING, PROGRAMMING AND RESEARCH OFFICER (1565)
(USCHINIICHISUU – GENERAL )
|DEPARTMENT:||Public Health – Uschiniichisuu (676577)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Eeyou Itschee Communities|
|STATUS:||1 – Permanenet Full Time (1 year)|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $27.08 – Max. (18) $47.98|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who is responsible for one or more programs with a view to providing professional assistance for the development of services. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and assessing needs and resources. She/he designs and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in various teaching or training activities.
Planning of prevention and promotion activities and programs within the Uschiniichisuu Public Health team and in collaboration with all Public Health teams and other CHB Departments, and under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Public Health Uschiniichisuu.
In collaboration with all PPRO Uschiniichisuu and other Public Health Departments PPROs and Nurse Counselors, she/he collaborates to all related health prevention/promotion programs/activities in partnership with Cree entities. Main focus will be on health and physical activity.
She/he will collaborate to the coordination of regional teamwork and play a consultative role for her/his colleagues and interdisciplinary teams.
The holder of this position will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to support and strengthen Youth and families and promote optimal health and development for all age groups.
All Public health department staff may be mobilized temporarily during a public health urgency.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Social Science, Psychology or another appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience with the willingness to get training or
- Three (3) years of appropriate experience working in indigenous communities;
- Experience working with youth population is an asset;
- Experience working in the Mental Health field is an asset;
Knowledge and abilities:
- Good knowledge of the continuum of services, multidisciplinary teams, community health promotion and prevention approaches;
- Good knowledge and strong background in Youth health, more specifically in holistic youth and family social and health development;
- Good knowledge of First Nations Youth health and social issues such as dependencies and mental health;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, adapting, developing and implementing new programs, and maintaining existing programs;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering training to staff, both group sessions and individual coaching;
- Knowledge of the issues and context surrounding youth and family development in First Nation northern communities;
- Ability to integrate Eenou/Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programming;
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Ability to work in collaboration with all colleagues;
- Possess leadership skills in working with individuals and groups;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, planning and decision-making skills;
- Must be autonomous and flexible;
- Good working knowledge of computer applications, especially Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Willing to travel
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-03-30/ 2023-04-27|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometers from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.