Posting # P-2223-0571A
Position # 1359
Planning, Programming and Research Officer (1565)
|DEPARTMENT:||Public Health Chishaayiyuu (676999)|
|STATUS:||1 – Permanent, Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $27.08/hr – Max. (18) $47.98|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who is responsible for one or more programs and provides professional assistance for the development of services. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and
evaluating resources and needs. She/he conceives and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in teaching or training activities.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Chishaayiyuu, the person will:
- Develop and provide support on resources in mental health services;
- Design resource material to promote mental health awareness designed for people who live with chronic diseases, cancer, heart disease, and lung disease;
- Identify and evaluate the current strengths and challenges of each community with regard to mental health and crisis intervention services when diagnosed with a disease;
- Collaborate and support the Maanuuhiikuu Strategic Plan and the Regional Strategic Plan as a basis, evaluate the readiness and ability of each CMC to integrate identified mental health strategies and services at the community level;
- Work closely with identified local teams to implement changes, and develop strategies to integrate mental health promotion in their communities;
- Provide professional assistance, collaborate on research on best practice models related to each community’s needs and resources;
- Work in providing tools or promotion material for support groups in cancer, diabetes, or for people living with other forms of common chronic diseases in Eeyou Istchee;
- Create and design proper guiding tools/training on how to set up support groups to ensure consistent on-going resources are available to the general population;
- Provide evaluation report assessing the needs on mental health for people living with chronic diseases or cancer.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as health sciences, social work, or health administration, or other relevant discipline such as applied human science.
- 3 years of relevant planning or programming experience with at least one year of specific experience in project management, and/or program implementation;
- A proven ability to work well at consensus building and collaborative strategic planning.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of MSSS legislation, regulations, the Ministry Network and programs, and current trends;
- Extensive knowledge of organizational strategic and tactical planning, program planning, and evaluation;
- Extensive knowledge of planning and research methods, statistical analysis, and information systems;
- Familiarity with Microsoft computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of First Nation health/social service models, trends and issues is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Strong record in a similar type of planning, programming, research or evaluation environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, planning and decision-making skills;
- Proven record of strong team work, ability to work autonomously and in a self-directed fashion.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel.
|Posting Start/End Date:||2022-10-28 / 2022-11-27|
|Housing Provided:||Yes, of hired more than 50 kilometers from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|Hours per Day/Week:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 / Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.