Posting # ADD-2223-0827
PLANNING, PROGRAMMING AND RESEARCH OFFICER (1565)
|DEPARTMENT:||Public Health Awash (676477)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Eeyou Istchee Communities|
|STATUS:||2 – Temporary Full-Time|
|HOURLY SALARY:||Min. (1) $27.08 – Max. (18) $47.98|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who is responsible for one or more programs and provides professional assistance for the development of services. She/he conducts research activities that are necessary for identifying and evaluating resources and needs. She/he conceives and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. She/he provides advice concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and/or services. She/he may participate in teaching or training activities.
- Designs and proposes development plans and programs in order to ensure adequate service planning. Provide expertise concerning the implementation or improvement of programs and services
- Coordinates and completes special projects in cooperation with other groups as directed by under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Public Health Awash, in collaboration with the Head of Dentistry, Dentist Advisor or designate who provides clinical oversight.
- Plans, develops and evaluates dental hygiene’s preventive and promotion programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensures Quality assurance and surveillance of performance indicators
- Assists in the update and standardization of documents, policies and procedures for the dental hygiene department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management or Social Sciences or in another appropriate discipline;
- Member of the Ordre des hygiénistes dentaires du Québec ;
- Three (3) years of appropriate experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of MSSS legislation, regulations, the Ministry network and programs, and current trends;
- Knowledge of and experience with public and community health prevention and promotion related approaches, methods, issues and programming (and in First Nations contexts being an asset);
- Experience related to maternal and child health programs would be an asset;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in organizational strategic and tactical planning, program planning and evaluation;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in planning, adapting, developing and implementing new programs, and maintaining existing programs;
- Ability to integrate Eenou/Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teaching into programming;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in planning, adapting and developing tools and support material for program implementation and evaluation;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in planning and delivering training to staff, in both group sessions and individual coaching;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Must be autonomous and flexible;
- Good working knowledge of computer applications, especially Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
- Willing to travel.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-04-12/2023-06-07|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA