Department: Finance and Treasury
Salary Grade 5: (Min. $56,158.00 – Max. $84,237.00)
Location: To Be Determined
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator coordinates the collection, verification and processing of payroll for all employees, as well as the administration of employee benefits (Group Insurance and Pension plan).
- Oversee and assist in processing payroll systems for all Cree Nation Government’s payrolls.
- Ensure functionalities of Dayforce are up to date and implement changes as required by the Payroll Administrator.
- Process necessary calculations for all payroll adjustments such as retro payments, salary adjustments and special payments.
- Assist the Payroll Administrator in the reconciliation and the preparation of CNG (except for EEPF) payroll fiscal Year end.
- Oversee the Payroll Inbox by responding to employees’ questions regarding their pay, the group insurance premiums and the pension plan.
- Transmits the pay upon request and serves as a backup to the Payroll Administrator including backup for the Work Force Management system (Dayforce).
- Upload payroll entries in the general ledger and perform adjustments as required.
- Preparation of monthly pension plan report and monthly remittances.
- Assist in monthly pension plan related activities.
- Evaluate maintain and update the employee benefits data into the payroll system and the group benefits provider system.
- Reconciliation of monthly report for group insurance.
- Assist in annual pension plan and group insurance related activities.
- Assist the Payroll administration by providing necessary information and documentation during the audit process.
- Assist the Project lead with the implementation of Dayforce and ensure all information and functionalities are up to date and implement any changes as requires.
- Provide support to the Payroll agent with Work Force Management system (Dayforce).
- Other related payroll & benefits responsibilities and activities.
Education and Certification
- DEC in Accounting and Management or a related field.
- Canadian Payroll Association Certification (CPA) is an asset
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge working with Insync/Dayforce
- Experience with implementation of payroll systems
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Cree and French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven capacity to remain focus on priorities and willingness to utilize checklist with pre-set guidelines and timeline to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally including travelling to Cree communities
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From February 5, 2020 to February 20, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ACC-200202-1