Regular Full-Time Position with three (3) months’ probation
Posting Date: January 11, 2023
Ending Date: January 25, 2023 before 5pm
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Salary: $46,442 to $69,663
Reporting to the Controller and in collaboration with the HR Department for Tawich Construction Inc. and Wolf Camp Corporation, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administrative and processing activities relating to payroll functions in accordance with established procedures. The Incumbent works with confidential information, process payroll, prepares and produces reports related to payroll, including access to personnel recorded and total compensation information. Integrity and a strong attention to detail are crucial for success in this fast-paced role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement with the accountant, in accordance with the controller internal controls and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensure that the payroll system utilizes updated rates (taxation, pension, etc.) and that the payroll calculations are accurate. Ensure all deductions, including remittances to authorities, garnishments, and employee benefits, etc. are properly calculated and dispatched in timely matter
- Collect verify and process payroll information (e.g. verify hours worked, leaves, etc. with HR) and ensure TCI and WCC staff is paid in an accurate and timely matter. Follow approval processes
- Basic knowledge and experience working with CCQ rates, premiums as needed on specific contracts.
- Oversee and issuance of tax (T4, Releve 1, CNESST advance and ROE) documents and slips as required, distribute to all appropriate agencies and employees
- Perform monthly reports and other general ledger analysis or as requested by government agencies.
- Ensure all documents necessary information are up-to-date and compiled in employee files for yearend audits
- Perform related support duties such as word processing, data input, maintaining record systems, faxing, emailing, and photocopying
- Perform other duties including support to other team members and as required by the supervisor
- College diploma or certification in administration, finance/accounting or related field, or
- High school diploma with post secondary training in the same areas
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Payroll system and functions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Maestro accounting software, an asset
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluent in Cree and English, fluency in French is an asset
The Payroll Administrator works at the Tawich Administration Office. In addition, because of the nature of work, attendance may be required on odd hours, weekends and couple of days during Goose Break and Christmas Holidays.
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume to:
Layla Miniquaken – Secretary,
Tawich Development Corporation 12 Tawich Road,
P.O. Box 210 Wemindji, Quebec J0M 1L0
and/or by e-mail: email@example.com