- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Réf. : 1785
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Paste Backfill Engineer is part of Operations Engineering team.He/she deliver paste designs and schedule based off the monthly plan ensuring quality of fill for future development and stoping activities.
- Monitor and further develop paste system construction and filling operations
- Ensure quality is met, standard processes achieve scheduled targets in a timely and cost effective manner, in compliance with company’s policies and procedures
- Review and recommend best practice materials and equipment usage in the paste plant and pipe delivery system in order to promote continuous improvement as well as correction of upsets in paste filling process
- Communicate and coordinate with Engineering and Production departments to ensure that paste filling design and schedule support mining production in an effective manner
- Delivers forward planning on paste for monthly plan, including detailed planning around interactions, and feeds this into the weekly schedule
- Complete and issue paste fill notes
- Deliver reticulation designs for paste crews to execute
- Provide subject matter expertise for all operational and design aspects of stope filling
- Work with Mine Planners to deliver longer term reticulation design for new mining areas
- Ensure adequate supply of paste consumables – operational and capital
- Weekly void tracking to identify and flag upcoming issues with haulage and production
- Undertake quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) inspections alongside Geotechnical Engineers
- Complete studies and improvement projects with Geotechnical Engineers
- Troubleshoot any paste related issues with Underground Operators
- Update hydraulic model; use it to evaluate new pours locations as well as long term areas to support the business plan
- Support underground and surface operations by visiting the work places necessary to have a better understanding of priorities, and current/future designs
- All other work-related duties
- Schedule : 8 days of work followed by 6 days off
- University degree in mining engineering or significant experience in an underground mining operation and environment is essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Underground Mining Operation
- Previous paste experience in an Underground Mining Operation
- Effectively use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software
- Experience with AutoCAD and Deswik would be desirable
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid general explosive permit
- Member of the Order of Engineer of Quebec
- French and English speaking
- Team Management in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than March 16th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.