The Labourer Operator is part of the process sector operations team. He/she assists the team of Operators in their duties and is in charge of worksite cleanliness and safety. He/she identifies operational and mechanical equipment problems in all sectors.
- Ensure that workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Support Operators in their duties in all sectors such as:
- Reagents/Water treatment
- Start and stop sector equipment according to established procedures
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety and the environment and relations with neighbouring communities
- Report all incidents/accidents to the Supervisor
- Participate in continuous training program to replace workers in subsequent operations positions such as Crushing / Filtration / Backfill / Reagents
- Maintain information records on duties
- Assist the Fixed Equipment Mechanics during maintenance work and production shutdowns
- All other work-related duties
- Vocational studies diploma in ore processing
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-Operator-ProcessesJournalier-proc%C3%A9d%C3%A9s-Op%C3%A9rateur-QC/786162300/ no later than September 22nd, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.