Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution, and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Labourer Operator is part of the process sector operations team. He/she assists the team of Operators in their duties and is in charge of worksite cleanliness and safety. He/she identifies operational and mechanical equipment problems in all sectors.
- Ensure that workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Support Operators in their duties in all sectors such as:
- Reagents/Water treatment
- Start and stop sector equipment according to established procedures
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety and the environment and relations with neighboring communities
- Report all incidents/accidents to the Supervisor
- Participate in continuous training program to replace workers in subsequent operations positions such as Crushing / Filtration / Backfill / Reagents
- Maintain information records on duties
- Assist the Fixed Equipment Mechanics during maintenance work and production shutdowns
- All other work-related duties
- Vocational studies diploma in ore processing
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
WORK LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
- Newmont Eleonore Mining Site
- 14 jours de travail suivis de 14 jours de repos
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than December 10, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.