Réf. : 1743
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Operations Supervisor – Process is part of the team overseeing the process sector. The incumbent is responsible for all operations and supervises a team of operators. He/she demonstrates leadership and emphasizes goal attainment, in collaboration with the maintenance and metallurgy groups. The operations supervisor adheres to the company’s principles by adopting a management style that is oriented toward sustainable development, operating for excellence and the organization’s code of conduct.
- Plan, organize, lead and coordinate the activities of metallurgical operations
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Participate in the health and safety activities of the processes sector
- Plan and lead health and safety meetings
- Plan, prepare and perform follow-ups of health and safety activities such as joint inspections, risk analyses and incident/accident reports
- Solve problems related to your area of activity and recommend measures to improve departmental productivity
- Ensure the proper functioning of all activities and compliance with procedures
- Manage personnel, evaluate performance and see to employee development
- Assist in the planning of mechanical maintenance and of maintenance work during production stoppages
- Keep records on production and write reports
- Ensure the proper management of operating expenses
- All other related tasks
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in Mineral Processing or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supervision
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC control systems
- Experience starting concentrators
- Computer skills
- Bilingualism essential
- Team management in a multicultural environment
- Supporting and developing employees
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to forge partnerships and work as part of a team
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than March 16th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.