Department: Capital Works and Services
Location: Val-d’Or or Waskaganish
Salary Grade 3: (Min. $40,698.00 – Max. $54,331.00)
The Operations and Maintenance Technician is responsible for improving the productivity of maintenance workers by anticipating and eliminating potential delays and/or internal client discomfort through the effective operation activities of the CMMS. The incumbent is also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the CMMS.
- Track and manage requested work via a Computerized Maintenance Management System of the Cree Nation Government’s buildings and housing units.
- Direct requests to applicable persons (manager; maintenance worker; janitor) and follow-up on the status of requests.
- Receive, input, assign, update, and follow-up on work orders.
- Include property assets in the system when applicable.
- Serve as point of contact for customers (employees and/or tenants) to submit and follow-up on work requests.
- Create reports from the CMMS in order to access data needs for preventive and corrective actions.
- Create preventive templates.
- Create and update preventive maintenance schedules.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of labor, parts, material, and equipment access.
- Train others to utilize CMMS effectively.
- Respond to CWS’s end users in troubleshooting.
- Provide CWS’s end users support such as software set-up, monitoring, maintenance and repair of computers, printers, and end user peripherals.
- Maintain and configure telecommunications equipment such as cellular phones and other devices.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma (DEC).
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Good judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From August 31, 2021 to September 15, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: CWSD-210802-1