Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Stornoway is recruiting an Open Pit Truck Operator. Under the supervision of the Surface Supervisor, the Open Pit Truck Operator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Safely operate the Caterpillar 775/740 Truck;
- Properly check and maintain heavy equipments;
- Ensure the efficient and safe conduct of activities related to tasks;
- Work closely with supervisors, operators and team members;
- Make sure the workplace is secure at all times;
- Actively participate in planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Complete daily reports properly;
- Comply with laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform all other related duties.
- Vocational diploma (DVS) in Heavy Equipment Operation with relevant experience;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Ability to read plans;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and/or French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.