Department: Apatisiiwin Skills Development (ASD)
Salary Grade: 1
Status: Summer Student
Revision Date: June 2020
Job Code: ASD-SS
The Office Agent is responsible for providing administrative support to Apatisiiwin Skills Development. More specifically, the incumbent assists in preparing correspondences and meeting minutes, responding to inquiries, scheduling appointments, maintaining files, arranging meetings and amenities, screening calls and scheduling appointments.
- Provide help in reception duties by screening, directing and answering calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner; greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate person or waiting area.
- Assist in preparing correspondence, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents.
- Assist in keeping individual client’s files up to date. Collect all relevant information on client’s professional and educational background.
- Provide general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company or program rules, regulations and procedures
- Help in the promotion of local and regional employment opportunities.
- Answer and coordinate responses to all administrative inquiries received at the office.
- Provide administrative support services by preparing, inputting, editing and proofreading correspondence, presentations etc.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and faxes to appropriate staff members.
- Maintain photocopy equipment, control photocopy supplies inventory and photocopy documents and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing.
- Ensure adequate inventory of office supplies are available.
- Maintain proper file management of documents to ensure an efficient retrieval of information.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Organizational skills.
- Judgment and ability to problem-solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
Please send your application to:
Ms Peggy Petawabano
ASD Mistissini Office
418-923-2525 Ext 224
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.