OPEN POSITION: OFFICE AGENT, CLASS II – ARCHIVES (Replacement)
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI-ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE – SECRETARY GENERAL
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3854
NATURE OF THE WORK
The principal and customary role of an employee in this class of employment consists of performing a variety of relatively simple administrative duties according to established directives, methods or procedures and requiring routine decisions based on a limited number of elements in accordance with the Records Retention and Management in Regional Archives Centre.
- The employee in this class of employment:
- Works collaboratively with the Documentation Technician at the Regional Archives Centre.
- Carries out work related to Records Retention and Management.
- Verifies all incoming documents and files are in accordance with the Retention Schedule and Classification Plan.
- Performs various tasks as sorting, preparing, filing, scanning and circulating documents and files.
- Registers and indexes incoming inactive files.
- Enters data in the electronic archives system.
- Research, retrieve and deliver documents for other services when requested.
- Records outgoing documents and files as requested by other services.
- Notifies and consults with the Documentation Technician of any questionable documents and files.
- Compiles data, performs simple calculations and prepares reports.
- Fills out forms, cards, form letters, or any other simple document of the same nature and forwards them, as required.
- Takes and transfers telephone calls; receives and forwards messages and facsimiles; provides information of a general nature on the telephone or in person; greets and, if necessary, directs visitors.
- Drafts notes concerning telephone calls.
- Files documents, books and cards; repairs damaged books; carries out the loan of audiovisual documents, equipment and books; if necessary.
- Uses a computer and the various software required to perform their duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs.
- Uses e-mail.
- May be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- May be required to train new Class II office agents.
- If need be, performs any other related task.
Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in a specialty appropriate for the class of employment or a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
Knowledge of the Cree and English languages is required.
Having working knowledge of computers and the software currently utilized within the Cree School Board is a definite asset.
Replacement position for an undetermined period.
Salary: $19.98 to $20.84 /hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3854
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
April 13, 2021
END OF POSTING
April 26, 2021 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form