OPEN POSITION: OFFICE AGENT, CLASS II
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3759
NATURE OF WORK
This position consists in performing a variety of relatively simple administrative duties according to established instructions, methods or procedures and requiring routine decisions based on a limited number of elements.
- Compiles data, performs simple calculations and prepares reports.
- Fills out forms, cards, purchase orders, form letters, notices or any other simple document of the same nature and forwards them, as required.
- Takes and transfers telephone calls; receives and forwards messages and faxes; provides information of a general nature on the telephone or in person; greets and, if necessary, directs visitors. Drafts notes concerning telephone calls. Records answering machine messages.
- Files documents, books and cards; he or she repairs damaged books; carries out the loan of audio-visual documents, equipment and books; if necessary, collects fines.
- May be required to enter texts and various data into a computer from manuscripts or other sources; verifies the accuracy of the data or any other data contained on a list or document.
- May be required to carry out supervision in premises where aptitude tests are being administered.
- May be required to receive, stamp, sort and file mail and ensures its distribution.
- If need be, may photocopy documents.
- Uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; uses electronic mail. May be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- May be required to train new class II office agents.
- Performs any other related duty, as required.
- Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in an appropriate specialty for the class of employment, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to speak Cree and/or French is an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Access, PowerPoint) is an asset
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- Salary: $19.98 to $20.84 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3759
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
December 2, 2020
END OF POSTING
December 15, 2020 5:00 PM.