LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
This position consists of performing a variety of administrative duties of a complex nature according to established methods and procedures by the Sabtuan Adult Education department.
- Ensures that the applicable practices, regulations, directives, policies, methods and procedures are respected. To do so, the Office Agent drafts, prepares, creates, verifies and follows up on invoices, purchase orders, receipts, lists and various registers, such as absence, leave, statistics, statements, forms and any other administrative report, table or document of the same nature; in this context, gathers, validates and compiles the necessary data.
- Keeps accounting books, makes journal entries, reconciles accounts, receives payments at a counter, in the mail or by direct payment, makes payments and deposits, codes expenditures, keeps a petty cash and makes purchases of a nominal value; compiles budget data, participates in preparing the budget of a unit or a department and conveys budget balances.
- Contacts persons in and outside the school board to obtain or provide information related to their duties, determines deadlines, makes practices and regulations known and conveys decisions.
- Drafts correspondence related to their duties.
- Applies methods of filing and archiving. Carries out administrative operations related to aptitude tests and administer the tests, as instructed.
- Uses a computer and the various software required to perform their duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs.
- Carries out research on the Internet; uses e-mail.
- Assists colleagues on occasion with the common software and programs used.
- Trains new office agents as well as to coordinate the work of support staff, as required.
- Performs any other related duty, as required.
- Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in a specialty appropriate for the class of employment, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have one (1) year of pertinent experience;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to speak Cree and/or French is an asset;
- Have a basic knowledge of office automation.
- Be organized and demonstrate initiative.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) is an asset
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week;
- Salary: $20.76 to $23.22 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3591
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.