Job Posting Number: P-XXXX-XXXX
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who assesses the functional abilities of a service user, determines and implements a treatment and intervention plan, develops, restores or maintains abilities, finds ways to compensate for incapacities and attenuate situations of impairment, and adapts the environment in order to promote optimal autonomy. She/he participates in clinical instruction.
- Patients aged from from 0 to 100
- Geriatrics, pediatrics, adults
- Physical health (loss of independence, diabetes, musculoskeletal disorder, etc.) and mental health
- (cognitive impairment, psychiatry, developmental delay, etc.);
- Work in home care, schools, daycares, day center (MSDC), outpatient clinic (CMC)
- Community work: awareness raising, prevention, open and community group activities, collaboration with local resources (swimming pool, airport, fitness center, band council, etc.), etc.
- Interdisciplinary team (community worker, rehabilitation and education monitor, community health representative, social worker, physiotherapist, nutritionist, speech therapist, etc.);
- Work with individuals, families and community resources;
- Intercultural context: cultural security, capacity building, empowerment;
- Peer support: close collaboration with other occupational therapists in the territory and the Regional Rehabilitation Team
- Possibility of traveling in other communities (meetings, training, etc.)
Experience and Requirements:
- Member of the Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec ;
- Relevant experience in occupational therapy (Internship experience in course of study is considered relevant experience)
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice, current trends, and the MSSS Network and regulations;
- Varied clinical skills: community health, home care, geriatric, pediatric;
- Ability in the identification and analysis of the clientele needs;
- Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Team work capabilities and adaptation skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to email@example.com or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.