Job Posting Number: N-1920-0231
About this job posting
Job Posting Number: N-1920-0231
External Posting Number: N/A
Posting Start Date: Thursday, September 26, 2019
Posting End Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2019
About this position
Work Location: Mistissini
Status: Permanent Full Time
MSSS Job Number: 1 913
Financial Sub-Service Number: 731577
Job Hours: 36.25
Hours Per Day: 7.25
Shift Type: Stable
Work Schedule: 10/14 Jours
Person who is called upon to advise an institution on questions pertaining to nursing and who may be required to carry out such responsibilities as:
The design, distribution, evaluation and revision of orientation, training and skills updating activities for employees and trainees
The design, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at improving the quality of health care and professional activities and programs.
- Collaborates in the planning of the training program for the extended role of the nursing staff working for the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB);
- Collaborates in the planning of continued education training of the nursing staff of the CBHSSJB;
- Contributes to the development and updating of the CHBSSJB nurses training program’s curriculums and instructional materials;
- Ensures the scheduling and coordination of the extended role training sessions;
- Participates in the welcoming and orientation of new nursing staff;
- Delivers the training sessions and evaluates the training outcomes for the newly recruited nursing staff in extended role functions;
- Accompanies newly trained extended role nurses into preceptorship;
- May be requested to deliver various trainings to nursing staff already in place (annual nurses or CHR trainings, requirements from the MSSSS, etc.);
- Participates in the observation and evaluation of nursing staff in place in regards to quality assurance of nursing acts;
- Collaborates in the development, review, implementation and training related to clinical tools (Therapeutic Guide, Collective Prescriptions, etc.);
- Supports the development and implementation of quality measures (accreditation, clinical evaluation tools, etc.);
- Responsible for the accreditation process for trainings of the CBHSSJB nursing staff.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an undergraduate degree consisting of three (3) admissible certificates, of which two (2) are accredited certificates in Nursing.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in training or equivalent knowledge;
- Two (2) years experience with the nursing in extended role (and in First Nation contexts).
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with public and community health prevention and promotion related approaches, methods, issues and programming (and in First Nation contexts being an asset);
- Knowledge of MSSS programs and regulations for first-line services is an asset;
- Good professional record in curative or community health nursing in a similar type of environment;
- Teaching abilities;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both group animation, written and presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Autonomous, flexible, discrete and empathetic;
- Good computer skills.
Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- This position may include on-call periods for current services;
- This position includes extended role functions;
- Willing to travel in the nine (9) communities.
Salary (Hourly) Minimum: $25.63
Salary (Hourly) Maximum: $47.48
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to email@example.com or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.