- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
NURSE COUNSELLOR (1913)
Public Health Awash – IMMUNIZATION
DEPARTMENT: Public Health – Awash (676477)
WORK LOCATION: Montreal
STATUS: 2- Temporary Full-Time
LENGTH 12 months (maternity leave replacement)
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.63 – Max. (18) $47.48
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who is called upon to advise an institution on questions pertaining to nursing and who may be required to carry out such responsibilities as:
- The design, distribution, evaluation and revision of orientation, training and skills updating activities for employees and trainees;
- The design, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at improving the quality of health care and professional activities and programs.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Awash in Public Health, the incumbent:
- Ensures the coordination, planning, organization, implementation, evaluation of the Quebec Immunization program (PIQ) in all 9 communities, taking into consideration the integrative approach of all programs and services aimed for families and children from 0 to 9.
- Collaborates with Awash/Uschiniichisuu teams at a local and regional level.
- Collaborates to and support the following Public Health files: all awash programs, but more specifically AMA, MCHP, Healthy School, CLE-CE, prevention of STDs and any other programs identified as a Public Health target by the immediate supervisor.
- Collaborates in the coordination of regional teamwork and play a consultative role for her/his colleagues and interdisciplinary teams.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team to support and strengthen families through childhood, teenage hood and young adulthood to promote the optimal health and development in all age groups.
- Implements the PIQ (Programme d’immunisation du Québec) in all nine communities.
- Maintains and updates the Immunization program registries (SI-PMI, V09).
- Ensure the use of the PIQ and registries in all communities and support the frontline workers in their use.
- Support the frontline workers whenever a PIQ update is required by the MSSS.
- Responsible for the immunization campaigns and the Immunization Product Management.
- All Public health department staff may be mobilized temporarily during a public health urgency.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an undergraduate degree consisting of three (3) admissible
certificates, of which two (2) are accredited certificates in Nursing.
- Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including:
- Two (2) years of experience in acute care; or
- One (1) year of experience in extended role with a recognized training;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, public and community health prevention and promotion related approaches, methods, issues and programming;
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with the PIQ;
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with the Â Mashkûpimâtsît Awash (SIPPE) and the Maternal and Child Health Program (MCHP);
- Strong knowledge in First Nation contexts;
- Knowledge of MSSS programs and regulations for first lines services is an asset;
- Good professional record in curative or community health nursing in a similar type of environment;
- Teaching abilities;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both group animation, written and presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Good knowledge of software applications such as Outlook, Word, Power Point.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
Willing to travel to all nine (9) communities
Posting start/end date: 17/03/2020 – 31/03/2020
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
House available No
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting #: N-1920-0713
Position Number: 367
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.