DEPARTMENT: Pimuhteheu Services Planning & Eval. (500550)
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini
STATUS: 1 Permanent Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.63 – Max. (18) $47.48
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who is called upon to advise an institution on questions pertaining to nursing and who may be required to carry out such responsibilities as:
- The design, distribution, evaluation and revision of orientation, training and skills updating activities for employees and trainees;
- The design, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at improving the quality of health care and professional activities and programs.
Primary function: ensure the development of tools for emergency measures interventions
- Coordinate the development of related protocols for alert codes/color codes in emergency measures;
- Provide training for interveners:
- Color codes, C-SAD, etc.;
- Support the development and the deployment of drills and tabletop exercises in emergency response:
- Tabletop exercises required in all CBHSSJB facilities;
- Adapt and support the implementation of MSSS guidelines in the context of Eeyou Istchee;
- Support the evaluation and continuous improvement of emergency interventions and emergency measures;
- Collaborate to data collection, compilation and analysis for emergencies management.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including one (1) to two (2) years of experience in “Current services”, pre-hospital emergency services, or emergency measures.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good professional record in curative nursing in a similar type of environment;
- Training and mentoring abilities;
- Knowledge of MSSS programs and regulations is an asset;
- Knowledge of health prevention and promotion in a First Nations context is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cree culture and social and health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou / Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Teamwork abilities;
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational and decision-making skills.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
- Willing to travel in the nine (9) communities.
Posting start/end date: 2020-03-06/2020-03-20
Shift type: Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided: Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting # DEV PR -1920-0006D
Position Number: 0389
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.