Job Posting Number: N-1920-0592
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Person who is called upon to advise an institution on questions pertaining to nursing and who may be required to carry out such responsibilities as:
- The design, distribution, evaluation and revision of orientation, training and skills updating activities for employees and trainees;
- The design, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at improving the quality of health care and professional activities and programs.
- Work in multidisciplinary team, with the regional teams of mental health and psychosocial, on mandates that touch mental health for all ages as well as mandates that touch the youth;
- Collaborate in the planning of the training program, with a focus on mental health as well as youth health, including school heath, of nurses and CHRs of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB);
- Collaborate in planning the continuing education of nursing and CHR staff of the CBHSSJB in relation to the specialty;
- Collaborates in the development and updating of the content and teaching materials of the CBHSSJB nursing and CHR training programs related to the specialty;
- Establish a schedule of training sessions and coordinates them;
- Participates in the orientation and welcoming of new nurses and CHRs related to the specialty;
- Provides training sessions and assesses training outcomes for newly recruited nurses for duties related to the specialty;
- Provides preceptorship to nurses newly trained in connection with the specialty;
- May be called upon to give various training to existing nurses and CHR staff (annual nursing or CHR training, training required by the MSSS, etc.);
- Participates in the process of observation and evaluation of the nursing staff in the optic of quality assurance of nursing activities;
- Collaborates in the development, revision, implementation and training related to clinical tools (therapeutic guide, collective prescriptions, Rule of care, etc.);
- Collaborate in the training accreditation process for nurses (Sofeduc or other);
- Supports the design, implementation, review and evaluation of a regional health program in relation to the specialty.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an undergraduate degree consisting of three (3) admissible certificates, of which two (2) are accredited certificates in Nursing.
- Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including:
- Two (2) years of experience related to the specialty;
- One (1) year of experience specifically in mental health.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong interest in developing nursing practice and training;
- Knowledge of and experience with public and community health prevention and promotion related approaches, methods, issues and programming (and in First Nation contexts) being an asset;
- Knowledge of MSSS programs and regulations for first lines services is an asset;
- OMEGA training is an asset;
- Teaching abilities;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills for group facilitation, written and presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrate independence, flexibility, discretion and empathy;
- Mastery of office software.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- Willing to travel in the nine (9) communities.
5. Salary information
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
1055 René-Levesque East, 7th floor
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495 Email: email@example.com
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.