Posting #: N-2021-0394
Position #: 5002
NURSE COUNSELLOR (1913) – HOME CARE
DEPARTMENT: DPSQA Health
WORK LOCATION: Mistissini
STATUS: 2 – Temporary Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $25.63 – Max. (18) $47.48
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who is called upon to advise an institution on questions pertaining to nursing and who may be required to carry out such responsibilities as:
- The design, distribution, evaluation and revision of orientation, training and skills updating activities
for employees and trainees;
- The design, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at improving the quality of
Health care and professional activities and programs.
- Collaborate in the planning of the training program, with a focus on home care, for nurses of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB);
- Collaborate in planning the continuing education of nursing staff of the CBHSSJB in relation to the specialty;
- Collaborates in the development and updating of the content and teaching materials of the CBHSSJB nursing training program related to the specialty;
- Participates in the orientation and welcoming of new nurses related to the specialty;
- Provides training sessions and assesses training outcomes for newly recruited nurses for duties related to the specialty;
- Provides preceptorship to nurses newly trained in connection with the specialty;
- May be called upon to give various training to existing nurses (annual nursing or CHR training, training required by the MSSS, etc.);
- Participates in the process of observation and evaluation of the nursing staff in the optic of quality assurance of nursing activities;
- Collaborates in the development, revision, implementation and training related to clinical tools (therapeutic guide, collective prescriptions, Nephrocare, etc.);
- Collaborate in the training accreditation process for nurses (Sofeduc or other);
- Supports the design, implementation, review and evaluation of a home care program;
- Contributes to the planning, promotion and teaching for nurses in regards to the specialty;
- Works in collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams of the CBHSSJBs as well as with other partners, in the design, implementation, evaluation and revision of a home care program ;
- May be called upon to provide clinical support for the CBHSSJB’s nursing staff in the evaluation and follow-up of the clientele related to the specialty.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an undergraduate degree consisting of three (3) admissible
Certificates, of which two (2) are accredited certificates in Nursing.
- Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including:
- Two (2) years of experience with chronic diseases or home care.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong interest in developing nursing practice and training in chronic diseases;
- Knowledge of and experience with public and community health prevention and promotion related approaches, methods, issues and programming (and in First Nation contexts being an asset);
- Knowledge of MSSS programs and regulations for first lines services is an asset;
- Good professional record in curative or community health nursing in a similar type of environment;
- Teaching abilities;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills for group facilitation, written and presentation;
- Excellent interpersonal and listening communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate independence, flexibility, discretion and empathy.
- Mastery of office software.
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- Willing to travel in the nine (9) communities.
POSTING START/END DATE: 2020-12-02/2020-12-16
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
HOUSING PROVIDED: Yes
SHIFT TYPE: Day
HOURS PRE DAY/WEEK: 7.25/36.25
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.