Internal reference: OSK2020-02
Osisko Mining Inc. is a mineral exploration company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of precious metal resource properties in Canada. In order to support our operations, we are looking for a:
Nurse / Nurse
Reporting to the Nursing Coordinator, the nurse will assist the Nursing Coordinator in the management of health-related activities. Based on the Lac Windfall advanced exploration project, he / she will be required to work a 15/13 schedule, fifteen (15) days of work on the site, thirteen (13) days off.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of nursing care policies and procedures;
- Evaluate the condition of employees who consult it and provide care, if necessary;
- Provide first aid, monitoring of symptoms and changes in workers’ state of health;
- Maintain the inventory of medical supplies;
- Participate in the implementation of education and awareness programs aimed at improving the health and safety of workers;
- Take charge of the mine rescue management;
- Write and follow up on accident reports;
- Develop and keep up to date the responders’ schedule, in terms of emergency measures;
- Ensure the validity of the various emergency measures at all times and make adjustments when necessary;
- Provide logistical support to the fire brigade;
- Enter data into the various monitoring systems;
- Promote health and safety through various means of communication;
- Participate in the management of CNESST and disability insurance files;
- Train, inform, and advise employees on health matters;
- Participate in the training activities of the first responders team;
- Assist his supervisor in their daily tasks;
- Report to your supervisor any situation that may affect the work. Communicate any suggestions for improvement and innovative ideas to improve the procurement process;
- Comply with health and safety and environmental policies and rules at all times;
- Any other related task likely to the success of the project.
Education and formation
- Have a university degree in nursing or a college diploma combined with experience of at least three (3) years of experience as a nurse;
- Great capacity to adapt to change;
- Master the Microsoft Office suite;
- Experience in the mining sector (asset).
- Demonstrate autonomy
- Rigor and precision in his work;
- Be able to communicate in French and English;
- Ability to lead and implement change;
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Likes to work in a team, able to create and maintain good relationships and be courteous;
- Ability to work in remote regions and atypical hours.
Osisko Mining Inc. thank all applicants for their interest, but would like to advise you that only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested parties should send their resumes to email@example.com. It is important to include the following display code in the subject line of your email: OSK2020-02