- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Réf. : 12286
Provide technical support for site infrastructure, systems, storage, voice and data network, technology infrastructure capacity planning and provide technical guidance on all technology related projects. Ensure all regional data and voice networks, facilities and related equipment are available, maintained, supported and optimized.
1. Safety and Regulatory / Policy Compliance
- Support regulatory and corporate compliance initiatives as they pertain to information and content assets.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and service quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
- Adhere to Newmont Regional Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Consistently demonstrate and encourage safe work practices.
- Promote and comply with Newmont goals and values.
2. Operational Support
- Responsible for ensuring that the communications infrastructure is maintained to provide reliable services for the site , including working with service providers and Telco Carriers to ensure that the network is stable and highly available.
- Support Wide and Local area network as required in the region or site.
- Ensures that the logical and physical network is performing as required and works with internal and external service providers to repair and restore service as needed.
- Lead the coordination, configuration and testing of network equipment firmware upgrades.
- Ensure understanding and compliance of technology policies, procedures and controls.
- Coordinate internal and external technology audits and manage remediation and compliance activities.
- Provide technical support and coordination to service providers in relation to configuration management for communications and hardware equipment in the region.
- Liaise with global enterprise architecture and security team to ensure adherence of technology standards and polices in the region.
- Assist in the support of all aspects of Newmont-owned IT facilities as applicable to the site, which may include data center, comm rooms, video conferencing, access control, copy/print, HVAC/UPS, cabling, microwave, and related services.
- Responsible for ensuring that regional and site infrastructure documentation is accurate and maintained on a timely basis.
- Responsible for supporting the regional infrastructure-related projects, including definition of regional/ site and oversight of implementations.
3. Problem and Change Management
- Monitor change control and user access control execution and approval to verify compliance.
- Participate in managing or coordinate changes for communications and related network changes.
- Track technology related issues, coordinate resolution and contributes in driving issues to closure.
- Escalate high severity issues and chronic problems to appropriate management and follow through with it resolution.
- Ensure that Newmont Goldcorp’s policies, standards, procedures and methodologies are adhered to.
- Insist on and maintain a consistent high quality of work across all monitored and allocated tasks.
- Participates in technology budget planning and review.
- Regular travel is required.
- Extended and unpredictable hours is required.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- College Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Network and Cisco Certification.
- Broad knowledge of all technology considerations (performance, scalability, maintainability, deployment, operations, technology infrastructure).
- Proven ability to discuss network infrastructure strategy in a simple, clear terms to help drive and influence decision making of the business and application owners.
- Between 3 to 5 years in a technical technology support role.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Planning, organizing and coordination skills.
- Conceptual thinker.
- Customer Focused.
- Continuous Learning.
- Results Driven.
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-End-User-Support-Analyst-QC/745693700/ no later than September 13th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.