- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Department: Commerce and Industry
Location: Montreal or Mistissini
Salary Grade 6: (Min. $57,754.00 – Max. $77,102.00)
The Natural Resources and Sectoral Development Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating economic projects within the Eeyou Istchee territory. More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for working with the communities, organizations and stakeholders to identify, develop and implement economic and social development opportunities. Moreover, the Natural Resources and Sectoral Development Manager analyzes development initiatives and programs and considers their holistic impact within the context of a circular economy.
- Recommend, implement and evaluate programs and policies of the department related to regional and community-based services.
- Define, coordinate and implement objectives and strategic plans on a regular basis to ensure that the goals and objectives of projects are maximized.
- Research private and public sector economic development funding opportunities and promote available opportunities within the communities.
- Assist local organizations, businesses and individuals with establishing economic and community development plans, businesses and projects.
- Represent the department in various functions, tables, committees and working groups.
- Coordinate working groups’ activities related to regional and community-based services.
- Support, develop and manage economic programs that will meet the needs of the communities.
- Assist the Manager of Natural Resources and Sectoral Development in managing and coordinating all strategic partnerships related to regional and community-based services.
- Facilitate in defining and developing the vision, goals, objectives and priorities for the regional and community-based services.
- Develop and update policies, procedures and plans in relation to managing both current and future projects.
- Organize, plan and conduct meetings related to regional and community-based services within the Eeyou Istchee.
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate with development partners.
- Monitor and maintain the communications plan for regional project initiatives.
- Understand the dynamics and strategic issues impacting the communities.
- Provide technical support and training within the department and to the communities.
- Prepare reports as required and participate in drafting the annual report.
- Supervise summer students and interns.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Economics, Sciences or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project management, economic development or resources sector.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven success in maintaining strong communication, including the ability to facilitate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong judgment in complex situations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, to think strategically, and to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under significant pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From March 13, 2020 to March 30, 2020 at midnight
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: DCI-200302-1