Native Para-Judicial Services of Quebec (NPJSQ) is a non-political, not-for-profit organization created to develop alternatives to the justice system in order to better meet the needs of native communities in the province of Quebec.
OPEN POSITION: NATIVE COURTWORKER
Office: Justice Court House
301 Queen Street
Mistissini Lake (Quebec) G0W 1C0
The Native Courtworkers program offers legal assistance to Native persons involved in the criminal and penal justice.
- Inform adequately all Natives accused of their rights and duties regarding court procedures and the justice system generally;
- Inform adequately all Native person in regard to the justice system and the disposition of a notorious case;
- Assist all courts of justice, on demand, by supplying to them information about Native traditions and ways of life or by informing the court on the particulars of an accused;
- Perform all other administrative and professional duties indicated by the director or his representative for the good running of the program;
- Assist, when so indicated by the director or his representative, any governmental body or organization as a resource person on Native matters regarding justice.
- Collaborate and or write a Gladue Report this would be a very important asset.
- The job is offered equally to men or women;
- The candidate has to be a Native person;
- Fluency in English and Cree, French is an asset;
- Preference will be given to a candidate who has a secondary 5 education; post-Secondary Education in a relevant field and pertinent work experience will be considered;
- Computer required knowledge (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- The candidate should not have any criminal record and/or allow SPAQ/NPJSQ to undertake any necessary investigation;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a car to be willing to travel will be an important asset;
- The candidate must be prepared to work with flexible hours, and to travel when needed;
- The Native Courtworker of Mistissini area will deliver services in the surrounding of Chibougamau and in the Cree communities of Mistissini, Oujé-Bougoumou, Waswanipi and Nemaska.
Salary: $43,653 per year
Benefits: RRSQM, Group Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, ETC
- 35 Hours/Week
- Monday – Friday
- Probation Period from 12 Months
Start of Employment: November 23, 2020
Interested candidate should send his/her resume before November 13, 2020 at noon to the address below
Please send application to the following address:
190 Chef Max Gros Louis Street
Wendake (Quebec) G0A 4V0
Telephone: (418) 847-2094 Fax: (418) 847-5799
Write on the envelope or in subject of your e-mail: Courtworker Mistissini Area
N.B. Application will not be retained after deadline.
Only candidates selected for interviews will receive a response.