Career Opportunity: Multimedia Communications Specialist
Department: Government Support Services
Location: To Be Determined/Cree Community
Salary Grade 5:(Min. $51,223.00 – Max. $68,383.00)
The Multimedia Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, designing, and distributing the multimedia content for the Grand Council of the Crees (Eeyou Istchee) (GCC(EI))/Cree Nation Government’s communications projects including events and promotional campaigns. The incumbent is also responsible for organizing, adapting and optimizing multimedia assets for usage for different platforms. This would include social media, websites and other forms of digital media.
- Create multimedia content for various GCC(EI) and Cree Nation Government platforms.
- Help create key messages/positioning that support the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for any public information that needs proper dissemination by the respective organization departments.
- Assist with regular maintenance and updating of the GCC(EI)/Cree Nation Government website.
- Collaborate with the Communications Advisor on the oversight of content on websites and social media platforms related to the GCC(EI)/Cree Nation Government.
- Assist the Communications Advisor in assembling regular press reviews.
- Collaborate with the Communications Advisor by participating in the development of the GCC(EI)/Cree Nation Government Annual Report and other generated reports or documents.
- Assist in the organization of events hosted by the GCC(EI)/Cree Nation Government.
- Assist Cree Nation Government departments in releasing information to attract the public in accordance with the established guidelines.
- Advertise services, programs, and announcements, internally and externally, through publicity materials, demonstrations, presentations and/or social media, in accordance with the established guidelines.
- Liaise with Cree Nation Government departments to ensure that the information disseminated to the public is up-to-date and factual.
- Coordinate with agencies for promotional items, translation services, printing services and/or other services.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent working knowledge of multimedia and social media platforms
- Proficient photo and video editing skills with excellent working knowledge of applicable software.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From April 20, 2021 to May 3, 2021
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: ECN-210406-2