- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Graduate Degree (M.A.)
The Mobile Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is part of the mining maintenance service supervision team. He supervises mobile mechanics. The Supervisor is mainly responsible for mechanical maintenance work for mining operations. He must organize, manage, and control mechanical maintenance activities. The Supervisor adheres to company principles by adopting a sustainable development-oriented management, an operation for excellence, and the organization’s code of conduct.
- · Supervise maintenance activities and maintenance of the mine’s fleet of mobile equipment
- · Provide support to the team regarding mechanical equipment
- · Solve problems related to the activities of the sector and recommend measures to improve the department’s productivity
- · Ensure smooth operations of overall activities and follow work procedures
- · Manage staff, evaluate performance and oversee employee development
- · Participate in special projects
- · Respect, understand and promote company rules and policies, particularly in occupational health and safety
- · All other work-related duties.
- · Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- · University or college diploma in the field or a combination of studies and relevant experience
- · Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance in the mining sector, with 2 of those years in supervision
- · Computer knowledge including GMAO and SAP maintenance software
- · Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- · Valid general explosives permit
- · Bilingualism is an asset
- · Organizational skills
- · Ability to analyze and solve problems
- · Team Management in a multicultural environment
- · Ability to manage and develop employees
- · Adaptability
- · Team work and partnerships
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than XXXX, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.