Mobile Mechanic – Mine
The Mobile Equipment Mechanic is part of the mine’s maintenance department. He/She is responsible for repairing and maintaining heavy mobile equipment required for mining work.
• Perform preventive maintenance for all mobile mining equipment
• Diagnose and repair equipment at the worksite
• Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times
• Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic diagrams
• Complete work orders and order equipment
• Observe and apply occupational health and safety work procedures
• All other work-related duties
• Please note that the work is more electro-mechanical than mechanical.
Training and Experience
• Vocational diploma in Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic or in electro-mechanical
• 5 years of experience in the underground mining sector
• Knowledge of GMAO (SAP) maintenance software
• Mining Worker Modular Training card (modular 1,2,3,4,5,7)
• Valid general explosives permit
• Valid driver’s license
• Bilingualism, French and English (asset)
• Ability to work at a remote site and in a multicultural environment
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
• Organization and priority management skills
Work Schedule and Location
• Schedule: 14 days of work follow by 14 days of rest
• Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than October 20, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.